[users at bb.net] BuildBot multi master helm chart
briefkasten at olaf-radicke.de
Mon Apr 27 07:03:07 UTC 2020
Thanks Pierre, for your comments and explanations.
> Yes, it is the code name for buildbot 0.9+ which introduced
> rest api and message queues for everything.
So, the worker is communicat with a message queue and not
more direct with the masters? Will the workers have unique
logins again? So that we get the same problem with the
static configuration of the replicasets?
> Pierre Tardy <tardyp at gmail.com> hat am 27. April 2020 08:13 geschrieben:
> > Okay if I understand this correctly, the configuration is still
> > very static.
> > https://github.com/Zempashi/buildbot_kubernetes_deployment/blob/master/kubernetes/buildbot-master.cfg.yml
> > Here in lines 25 to 31 BuildBot gets the value for the configuration
> > from the environment variable. Correct?
> > Who tells BuildBot that the environment variable has changed?
> Environment variables cannot change dynamically.
I'm aware of that. What are our options?
- name: Kubernetes operator
- We do not need to change the architecture of BuildBot.
- A lot of workronds are required.
- It only works with Kubernetes
- name: BuildBot does without unique logins.
- No workarounds on cube level.
- Works also without cubernets.
- The master-worker communication needs a session ID. So a
change to the BuildBot code - right?
More information about the users