[users at bb.net] New buildbot user looking for advice
Roland van Laar
roland at micite.net
Tue Apr 21 10:21:00 UTC 2020
Dear Buildbot Community,
I'm a scummvm developer. We're developing a new engine (Macromedia
Director) to support multiple games.
I want to test for regressions to support the active development.
I choose to use buildbot. I'm working my way through the documentation and
have read up till and including the configuration.
I've even made an issue regarding the documentation:
side note: It was a bit fuzzy to me what this new buildbot nine was.
We have a folder with around 300 small games/movies that were written to
show different Director functionality.
I want to run those 300 scripts and have the output of running it
reported back, including stdout and stderr and the exit code.
They are run (simplified) "./scummvm --start-movie=<name of test script>"
See  for my current code.
I do have a few things that aren't clear to me yet, for which I would
like some pointers to how to solve it.
- How can I find out which source code is called from the master.cfg?
- sometimes a dependent scheduler started building on a newer checkout
than the one it depended on: Screenshot 
- is there a way to download a whole directory into a worker?
- Can I filter warnings of a Step.Test?
- What's the recommended way to always have logEnviron to be false?
- How can I show only the failed tests in my web overview?
- I have secrets, such as an smtp password and a slack webhook. It
didn't work with secrets(). What's the recommended way?
Looking forward to continuing my journey with buildbot,
More information about the users