[Buildbot-devel] Problems writing new LatentBuildSlaves
tim at timhatch.com
Mon Nov 10 15:38:45 UTC 2014
I spent a few hours yesterday making some latent slaves for Virtualbox
and "Windows Azure", and it was pretty easy although I had to use the
existing code as documentation.
Is there a current maintainer of this section? I'd like to help get
some docs created after confirming what the behavior _should_ be.
- I am hitting a race when shutdown takes ages, on the next build I get
"Calling Stale Broker". This then shows "slave ping failed; re-queueing
the request" but it doesn't run, just waits for the timeout and stops it.
- On startup it lists as "building" but the time doesn't seem to get
accounted anywhere. Is it worth adding a fake step "waiting for
machine" or such?
- is "offline" before first build and "idle" after intended?
- does it matter what start_instance returns (other than for being
passed to stop_instance)?
- why does start_instance get passed the build?
More information about the devel