[Buildbot-devel] Error on svn update step after upgrading to latest

Byrne, David David.Byrne at cam-ohio.com
Tue Jul 1 18:36:15 UTC 2014

I was using buildbot 0.8.1 successfully for several years.  I was avoiding upgrading to a later version because I needed the XMLRPC connection to integrate with Trac.  I found one that uses the jsonapi instead and I really needed the authentication piece, so I upgraded to 0.8.9 last week.  One thing I noticed was that I lost all history of builds from 0.8.1.  Fine, I can live with that.  So I checked in my first code over the weekend and the build went through successfully.  The next time I checked in code, two of my builders started (I have one builder for Development and one for QA), but hung at the step that does the SVN update.  When I upgraded, I thought I made all of the changes necessary for the upgrade.  The checkconfig utility reports that everything is good.  I thought I would try rebuilding my master directories by creating a new master.  I did this and copied the config from my old master.  This time the update hung in the Development builder update and didn't even get that far in the QA builder.  Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on?  If you need additional information (like the master.cfg file - or parts of it), please let me know.


David Byrne |  IT Software Architect
Custom Applications Management, LLC
Direct 614.547.4767
Cell 614.582.5004  |Email David.Byrne at cam-ohio.com<mailto:David.Byrne at cam-ohio.com>
 www.sedgwick.com | The leader in innovative claims and productivity management solutions

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://buildbot.net/pipermail/devel/attachments/20140701/385054f1/attachment.html>

More information about the devel mailing list