[Buildbot-devel] UnicodeDecodeError in webfrontend

Spielmann, Christoph christoph.spielmann at machineering.de
Tue Mar 12 21:30:27 UTC 2013


Well i was wrong i hadn't solved it back than but i have a workaround now... Actually the problem was not THAT odd, it was a self-made problem: In some of the buildsteps i need to create/access folders which are named like this: 1_Montag, 2_Dienstag... To make life easier for me i used the built-in strftime-function to get the names of the weekday, but as i was lazy i haven't changed the locale globally on the machine instead i set the locale to 'de_DE' before the call to strftime, without resetting it to POSIX afterwardsl  DUH! 

The only thing which still makes me wonder is why it was working before! 

Anyway I wanted to say thank you for your help. I think without your input i would've gone insane with this stuff

Am 11.03.2013 14:09:52, schrieb Dustin J. Mitchell:
> I'm glad you resolved it.  What an odd problem!
> Dustin

Dipl.-Ing. Christoph Spielmann

machineering GmbH & Co. KG
Simulation und Automatisierung
Pfrontener Platz 25a
80686 München

Tel: + 49 (0) 89 54 72 69 - 28
Mail:  christoph.spielmann at machineering.de
Web: www.machineering.de


machineering GmbH & Co. KG, HRA 94550, Amtsgericht München
machineering Verwaltungs-GmbH, HRB 181877, Amtsgericht München
Ust-IdNr.: DE268988178
Geschäftsführung: B.Freyer

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://buildbot.net/pipermail/devel/attachments/20130312/ead8e97c/attachment.html>

More information about the devel mailing list