[Buildbot-devel] Playing nice on loaded buildslaves - sharing buildmasters between projects?
dank at kegel.com
Fri Oct 19 07:48:38 UTC 2012
Perhaps unwisely, I have a whole bunch of buildslaves
running in lxc containers (very lightweight vm's) on one
machine, all talking to different buildmasters.
If I'm not careful, I can run out of memory because too
many builds happen at once.
A few ideas for how to prevent this:
- don't run so many buildslaves on one physical machine
- use a single buildmaster
- vary the hour and minute parameters to timed.Nightly() in master.cfg.
- make the build script use -j1 instead of -n$ncpus when load is high
- make build script terminate on startup if the load is really high.
- use distcc and let it handle load balancing
I'm not sure how I would go about using a single buildmaster
for all projects, and still have separate waterfalls, one
for each project. Is that possible?
More information about the devel