[Buildbot-devel] mult-changesource patch

Axel Hecht l10n.moz at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 3 21:44:07 UTC 2008


sadly, your patch is basically impossible to read. Add more context,
and use unified diff?

This is somewhat similar to what I discussed a while back on this list
(nag, why exchange mails in private about features?), adding a tag
list to Change. That'd allow a bit more flexibility, not sure if it'd
be needed. The thread was called "Multiple change sources and
scheduler issues".

I didn't completely drop the plan to work on that, but focused on
other stuff while all the repo transitioning is transitioning.


2008/10/3 Benoît Allard <benoit at aeteurope.nl>:
> Hans Lellelid wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>> After exchanging a couple emails with Dustin yesterday, I put together a
>> basic patch to add multi changesource support to Buildbot (or more
>> specifically tracking of change source to scheduler).  I wanted to get
>> some
>> feedback on this before I wrap it up and add it to a Trac enhancement
>> ticket.
>> What I did was to add a 'name' attribute to the ChangeSource (so far only
>> to SVNPoller) and then added a 'sourcename' attribute to the Change object
>> (so the system can keep track of which source a particular Change came
>> from) and also an optional 'sourcename' attribute to the Scheduler class
>> which works like the 'branch' attribute to limit the changes that a
>> scheduler cares about.
>> This all sounds very minor (and was only a handful of lines of code), but
>> it was really important for us to be able to have a single buildmaster
>> with
>> many projects and this seemed to be the easiest path to that solution.
>> A few notes:
>>  - This isn't really "multi-project" as much as multi-changesource and
>> changesource filtering on schedulers (e.g. there's no change to the web
>> frontend to track different projects)
>>  - I did add the source name to the logging messages, meaning that if it's
>> not specifed you may see something like
>> "SVNPoller(None:http://your.repo/url) initializing"
>>  - As mentioned I only added the parameter support to the SVNPoller, but
>> am
>> happy to add it to the other change source classes if this patch would be
>> accepted
>> The attached diff is against the Darcs trunk repo.
> Nice idea, I'm using here a patched buildbot with a similar something tuned
> for Mercurial. I called my property "repository", but the idea is there.
> I'll try to get an hand on a proper diff monday. I also have a new Scheduler
> (RepoScheduler) which schedule only for a list of repositories (via a list
> of regex), and some support for property expansion.
> (For the records, unified diff (diff -u) are easier to read and apply)
> Regards,
> Benoit

More information about the devel mailing list