[Buildbot-devel] BuildBot for Summer of Code
petteri.hintikka at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 19:46:00 UTC 2006
Karol Pietrzak kirjoitti:
> Anyone have any ideas?
Hi, I've been thinking how to extend buildbot above the fetch, compile,
test and report cycle. Here are some quick thoughts:
1. Run various shell scripts before and after each step (fetch, compile,
2. Define the environment variables for all pre- and post-scripts
mentioned above .
3. Define expected results (at least) after the compile command, perhaps
in two different categories: mandatory and "nice to have". These results
could be the outcome of the compile step, or any other step.
4. Report the existence of expected results, exists or does not exist.
5. Publish the results (to local filesystem) or somehow signal that the
process is finished so another (external) command can publish them.
I'm quite new here and I haven't done anything with buildbot yet, so I
don't know if such features could be implemented with the current
buildbot version. Sorry for that ;)
Flames, etc. are welcome!
More information about the devel