[Buildbot-commits] [Buildbot] #2591: Top Schools for Video Game Programming and Development
trac at buildbot.net
Thu Nov 21 11:51:40 UTC 2013
#2591: Top Schools for Video Game Programming and Development
Reporter: johnkaven911 | Owner:
Type: undecided | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone: 0.8.8p1
Version: 0.8.8 | Keywords: GitPoller
Earning a degree in game programming and development should be considered
by individuals who have a passion for gaming, and learning how games are
created. Courses involved in these type of degrees usually include
gameplay design, 3D graphics, stereoscopic computer graphics, contemporary
video game platforms, multiplayer game design, and game physics. Having a
computer that can handle the necessary components involved in video game
design and development would also be very helpful. The following list
includes some of the top schools where students can earn this degree, and
other related degrees to help them enter the video game creation field.
University of Southern California
Los Angeles, California
• Rated by the Princeton Review multiple years in a row as having the #1
game design program in North America.
• Students can study programs in Interactive Entertainment, Animation &
Digital Arts, Cinematic Arts, Film & Television Production, Interactive
Media, and Science Visualization.
• USC is not predominantly a design school; they also offer many other
degrees you would find at most traditional colleges.
Carnegie Mellon University
• Carnegie Mellon is a world leader in robotics
• Students can earn a Bachelor of Computer Science and Arts, which will
allow students to enter fields such as robotic art, game design, and
[http://jeux-deguerre.org/ deguerre jeux]
Savannah College of Art and Design
• Students can choose to earn degrees, certificates, major in, or minor in
programs such as Interactive Design & Game Development, Interactive
Design, Themed Entertainment Design, Motion Media Design, Animation, and
• Other related programs include Illustration, Film & Television,
Illustration Design, and Cinema Studies
• Some programs can be completed at the school's other campuses in
Atlanta, Hong Kong and Lacoste, France.
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester, New York
• All programs offer both unpaid and paid internships.
• Students can earn a BSc in Gaming Design & Development or New Media
Interactive Development. Other programs include an MSc in Gaming
Development & Design, Game Development & Design minor, or a Game Design
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, New York
• Programs offered include Games and Simulation Arts and Sciences,
Electronic Arts, Electronic Media, Arts, and Communication. Certificates
in Graphics and Communication design are also available in addition to
earning a degree.
DigiPen Institute of Technology
• Additional campuses in Washington, Spain, Bilbao, and Singapore
• Students may earn a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Game
Design, Computer Science in Real-Time Interactive Simulation, Digital Art
and Animation, or Game Design. Master's programs are available in Digital
Arts and Computer Science.
Ticket URL: <http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2591>
Buildbot: build/test automation
More information about the Commits